Hello blog followers and supporters!
I am leaving DC so A4T is hiring. Please consider applying or sending the job to someone who would be great!
Thanks for all that you do,
Executive Director, Americans for Transit
Americans for Transit is a two year-old non-profit organization based in Washington, DC. Its mission is to create, strengthen and unite transit rider-organizing campaigns across the United States. It was founded by the Amalgamated Transit Union and Good Jobs First in 2012. Building upon rider-organizing “bootcamps” in its first two years, A4T has expanded a national transit rider advocacy network, conducted numerous peer training workshops, and grown the pro-transit movement across the United States.
Americans for Transit seeks its next executive director to lead in the organization’s next phase.
Applicants must have:
- Demonstrated commitment to social and economic justice;
- Experience in and knowledge of grassroots community organizing in communities with large numbers of transit-dependent residents;
- Knowledge of public transportation policy;
- Proven non-profit fundraising ability;
- An undergraduate college degree or equivalent professional experience; and
- Background in non-profit program and/or administrative management
Additional positive qualifications include:
- Experience organizing a transit-rider campaign to defend or improve transit service and/or funding;
- Knowledge of other public transportation advocacy organizations; and
- Experience in coalitions with unions; knowledge of the U.S. labor movement.
Some travel will be necessary. Salary commensurate with qualifications. Benefits include health and dental insurance, retirement contribution, paid vacation and federal holidays.
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. For more information visit americansfortransit.org. Search is open until position is filled.